Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Microsoft Licensing & Enterprise Agreement Negotiations Workshop
Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 9:00 AM - Friday, September 21, 2012 at 5:00 PM (CDT)
Software Licensing Advisors is pleased to announce that internationally renown Microsoft Licensing expert, Paul DeGroot, will present strategies for Microsoft Licensing and Volume Licensing Agreement negotiations. Paul has successfully delivered his Microsoft Licensing workshops throughout the world.
A critical stage of every Microsoft Enterprise Agreement negotiation or renewal is preparation, and this two-day intensive workshop will allow organizations to make informed decisions on their Microsoft strategy.
Microsoft Licensing and Enterprise Agreement Negotiations Workshop
2-Day Intensive Microsoft Licensing and Enterprise Agreement Workshop
Dates: September 20th & 21st, 2012
Location: Hotel Felix - Chicago
About the Speaker: Paul DeGroot, Pica Communications
Paul DeGroot is one of the world’s leading experts on Microsoft licensing policies, rules, and volume licensing programs. Over a ten-year period, he developed and led the licensing practice at Directions on Microsoft, an independent analyst firm focused on understanding Microsoft policies and strategies. He formed Pica Communications, LLC in 2010, to bring his licensing expertise to a broad range of customers worldwide.
About the Host: Software Licensing Advisors, Inc.
Software Licensing Advisors is uniquely qualified to help you navigate the complex Microsoft licensing environment through proven pricing and optimization models. Our associates and affiliates spent a cumulative 50 years at Microsoft as direct employees in the roles of Account Managers (AM), Licensing Sales Specialist (LSS), and SAM Engagement Managers (SEM) in both the Enterprise and Partner Group (EPG) and the Small and Midmarket Sales & Partners (SMS&P). These roles combine for a perfect blend of licensing knowledge, audit risk mitigation, roadmap assessmen, deployment planning, and contract negotiation.
- Day 1 & 2 [September 20th & 21st, 2012] Microsoft Licensing & Enterprise Agreement Workshop: $1,995.00 (includes online booking fee)
For further information, terms, receive a quotation and book please contact us.
What attendees say about Paul’s Microsoft Licensing Workshop:
“Great content overall, and Paul’s knowledge inside the world of licensing is amazing, but it doesn’t end there–his knowledge, experience, and expertise around cutting-edge technology concepts ties everything up, making it a well-rounded session overall.”
Omeir Yusuf, Bank of Montreal
“I found Paul’s relaxed, friendly, and engaging style perfectly suited the subject matter. It was an excellent course–the information was precisely what I needed, all questions were answered, and there was a perfect balance of instruction and class interaction. Simply put, the information Paul presented was invaluable and something every organization can–and should–immediately benefit from.”
Andrew Pitstra, Cameco Corporation
Microsoft licensing continues to become more complex, with the addition of numerous subscription-based cloud services, a growing family of Volume Licensing Programs, and an ever-changing landscape of Large Account Resellers (LARs), Microsoft Partners, Value Added Resellers (VARs) and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), that receive various commissions and incentives from Microsoft.
Our Microsoft Licensing Workshop is an intensive two-day seminar (EA) workshop, gives you the tools to understand Microsoft licensing and prepare for EA Negotiations.
What you’ll learn
- Windows and Office licensing and use rights.
- How core Microsoft server products—Windows, Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, and others—are licensed on physical and virtual machines
- How to maximize the value of Software Assurance
- How to select the right Microsoft volume licensing program, to save money and achieve your licensing and solution objectives
- Practical licensing scenarios for upgrades, server consolidation and other common issues
- Where the rules live: how to use Microsoft volume contracts, product use rights, product lists, and other resources to answer tough licensing questions for yourself.
Over 50 enterprise products ranging from desktop products, servers, business applications to online services licensing rules are often compared to the thousands of minute rules in the typical national tax code. Developed over more than two decades, they reflect a variety of licensing models and purchasing options priorities that many customers find confusing. This often leads to difficulties in ensuring that your systems are compliant with the rules and represent a cost-effective licensing solution.
As Microsoft’s list of products grows and new technologies emerge, the set of rules grows ever longer. IT staff, business executives, and procurement professionals struggle to grasp the rules and keep up with constant changes.
Our Microsoft Licensing Workshop, an intensive two-day seminar, gives you the tools to understand how Microsoft licenses and sells its products.
Day 1 – Microsoft Licensing Workshop [Thursday, September 20th]
- Licensing Concepts
- Software Assurance
- Essential Resources
- Windows Desktop
- Desktop Applications
- Windows Server
- SQL Server
- Exchange Server
- SharePoint Server
- Lync Server
Day 2 – Microsoft Licensing Workshop [Friday, September 21st]
- Volume Licensing Concepts
- Essential Resources
- Open and Open Value
- Select/Select Plus
- Enterprise Agreements
- Subscription Agreements
- Software Asset Management
- Negotiating the EA
- EA Strategies for 2012
- Non-EA Volume Licensing Strategies
Who should attend?
- IT decision makers - Make sure you architect compliant solutions and can accurately budget for the technology choices you make. Your IT roadmap is a critical input for licensing decisions.
- Business leaders - Work more effectively with your procurement and technology teams by understanding the capabilities that Microsoft licensing enables and how they can help you achieve your business objectives.
- Procurement and finance professionals - Reduce friction in procurement by understanding the concepts and vocabulary of Microsoft licensing. Learn how to choose the optimal purchasing program and complement your IT team by delivering the right products, at the right price, for their solutions.
- Asset managers - Understand the many types of Microsoft licenses, the rights they confer, how they can be tracked, and special exceptions or entitlements that can slip through gaps in asset management processes.
- Legal staff - Understand Microsoft licensing, volume programs, and the legal concepts and documents that define your organization’s relationship with Microsoft.
- Solution Partner - Guide your customers to licensing solutions that fit seamlessly with their IT goals, budgets, and objectives.
- Understand your licensing rights
- Learn the core concepts and vocabulary of Microsoft licensing
- Work more effectively with your reseller and your Microsoft representative
- Ensure that your software purchases meet your IT requirements and deliver optimal value
- Learning how to choose the correct volume licensing plan for your project
- Ensure that the solutions you develop are compliant with Microsoft’s licensing rules
- Identify critical licensing resources that can quickly answer difficult questions
- Spot gaps in licensing compliance
- Network and share licensing experiences with your peers in management, procurement, compliance, and IT management